How to Flirt Like a Pro
Flirting is an art, a necessary art for people like you and me. As in with any other art form, unless you are born with a gift for it, practice is the way to go. However, since life is short and the gorgeous person at the bar you want to attract may lose interest any moment in your attempts, some help in the right direction will surely come in handy.
Flirting, we know, is an indirect mode of communication between two individuals that sends out a message from one to another, “I am sexually/romantically interested in you. Are you into me?” Done right, with the correct amount of subtlety and confidence, it will set you apart from others in that special someone’s eyes and hopefully initiate some successful relationships for you. Here are 5 fabulous flirting tips to help you along the way: -
- Body language – Communicative body language is a most efficient means of sending across romantic vibes. Maintaining eye contact, winking, touching in a friendly way, whispering, laughing or smiling suggestively are effective ways of flirting with a person. Less prominent or somewhat inadvertent indicators include dilated pupils, arched eyebrows, toying with hair, mirroring, crossing legs, leaning inward, and licking or touching one’s lips.
- Shower attention – Single out that special someone and make them really feel special. Hold exclusive conversations with them, appear interested in their personal lives, give them your most dazzling smiles when you meet, follow up after the meeting with a call or a text, maybe call them just to wish goodnight, laugh at their jokes, be generous with compliments, do the little things that would have made you smile if someone else had done them for you.
- Build a rapport – Establishing a level of comfort by building a rapport is important at the beginning of any relationship, half-relationship or potential relationship. If the conversations you share and the jokes you laugh over can bring both of you together on the same level of camaraderie, nothing like it! Flirting should flow spontaneously, it should not be enforced like a formula. The spontaneity comes with the ease of interaction.
- Great pick-up lines – Please do not resort to overrated, clichéd one-liners that sound more like chain forwards than conversation-openers. Go instead with sincere, straightforward ice-breakers like a simple ‘Hi!’ or a gallant ‘Can I get you a drink?’ or ‘Would you like to dance?’ or a deliberate ‘Can you help me with something…?’ Good pick-up lines are rare, but effective.
- Confidence is the key – If flirting is your intention, and confidence is you attitude, you’ve got it going for you! A person who does not possess a sufficient amount of self-assurance cannot hope to make a winning impression on another without faltering. Confidence doesn’t mean being overbearing or insistent. If you are not polite in your approach, you might end up on the wrong foot. Combine sincerity and subtlety when you go up to the person, and say ““I like you, and would like to get to know you.” It’s a line designed to floor!