A Guide To Living Together
Relationships whether live-in or otherwise are bound to be fragile and constructive advice to keep it going smoothly is more than welcome. Many seek such advice only in times when they are in a crisis situation but ideally such advice should act as a practical guide to avoid some of the commonly made mistakes that can cause immense harm to any relation. At times friendly and parental advice are ignored or forgotten but these people talking from experience may actually be able to help stop a relationship from sinking.
- Problems are varied and numerous in any kind of relation. Sometimes one requires advice on how to rekindle the old flame or how to win over his spouse’s heart. The trick is to look inside one’s own heart and try to rediscover that lost love for the partner. The moment he can forget the past and do everything with that feeling of love in it, a difference is made.
- In case one cannot fathom where the problem lies, communication is the first step to resolving it. There is nothing more fruitful than having an open talk with one’s partner to find out what went wrong and where. Communication is not simply about saying the right words. One should communicate that everything is fine with his body as well.
- At times the Internet can serve as a practical guide to many partners facing live-in problems. But experts who give such advice to young couples should be professionally qualified to do so. Sometimes it is better to approach a counselor to be able to talk face to face rather than typing one’s problems online.
- Intimacy and relationship appear synonymous but actually intimacy is the ingredient to a successful relationship. Intimacy is the state of being personal and when two people are said to be intimate it means that they are able to share their innermost thoughts with each other notwithstanding any inhibition. It is important to create this intimacy without which distance is likely to creep in soon. It is the basis for any relation right from the beginning and it is intimacy that cements ties in the future.
- An invaluable asset of any live-in relation is intimacy that calls for continuous attention on each other and upon the relation as a whole. This can be guaranteed through open, regular and healthy communication along with physical contact which is equally indispensable. Regular expressions of care and affection through physical touch are vital to let each other know how deeply they feel about this relationship. Intimacy must also be accompanied with honesty and trust.
- Being honest and doing what is right and truthful helps in better understanding and makes easier to accept each other’s faults and personality traits.
- An understanding of the circumstances in which one’s partner grew up is always a good step to understanding his or her behavioral patterns. The partners need to realize that they have to work as a team to make the relation work and to be able to fight all the battles together and not against each other.
- Finally what makes a relationship flourish is when both partners realize the need to let each other blossom. The relation should work as a medium of self discovery and it should seek to encourage both partners to bring out the best qualities in themselves.